Sunday, April 18, 2010

Do you believe that vampires can experience love as deeply as humans?

I don't think I actually believe vampires are capable of being loved or loving another. It's not in our nature to show the ultimate compassion towards another, and we learn from the night we first rise onward that the most important thing in this world is to protect our existence with all that we are. When you love someone, they become as important to you as yourself, and that's something risky, dangerous, and even foolish, and we know this. And when it comes to being loved, I have a difficult time believing any can look at us and see us as more than a dangerous being. I have heard vampires claim to love another and humans claim to love vampires, but I can't say I believe it is anything more than a brief relationship of convenience and companionship. Perhaps that is enough.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know

No comments:

Post a Comment