Friday, April 2, 2010

when, if you have, did you stop sleeping in a coffin? Are they really as comfy inside as they look? If so..what's up with that? I mean the person in a coffin is most usually VERY dead, why the pillowy interior?

I do not sleep in a coffin unless I must, and the only time I must is when traveling or when I am staying some place unequipped for vampires during the daylight hours. I prefer spending my death in a light sealed room, in the comfort of a bed, and have for decades. Even before we left the coffin and were privy to inventions created to cater to my kind, it was not such trouble to find a house with at least one completely interior room. Some vampires cling to the old ways even now, but I can't and won't claim to understand it.

As for their comfort... I can't say it's incredibly comfortable, because it isn't, at least for a vampire of my size. It is incredibly confining, and while they do tend to have a very "pillowy interior," there is little room for any kind of movement, despite the fact that we tend to enter them before the sunrises and stir from our death before the sun completely sets. There is nothing more annoying then being trapped immobile in a confined space while waiting for the sun.

As for why... coffins are the cars of the afterlife. They are a status symbol. Yes, a cheaply made wooden box suffices and will serve it's purpose, but is that what you wish for everyone to recall as your final statement to the world? Coffins are as elaborate as the one who lays within them. No one wants their last impression to be something repulsive or halfassed.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know

No comments:

Post a Comment