Monday, June 14, 2010

What is happiness and or completion to you? What do you think it is? Do you think when you find it you will know you have it?

To me, happiness and completion go together hand-in-hand. One cannot truly possess happiness unless they are complete. One cannot be complete unless they are happy with everything around them.

I vaguely recall a genuine happiness from my mortal life. It was a feeling of pride and joy, a feeling that could not be fought. It was a smile that wouldn't waver and a pleasure that had nothing to do with physical satisfaction or temporary, fleeting successes.

Such things for a vampire are no doubt as impossible and as implausible as I believe them to be. We have eternity ahead of us. How can one ever truly be complete? Happiness of today will not last forever. We know such things. I have watched everything I have ever known pass away and evolve into something new and strange while I never change. I have walked the earth century after century and nothing has remained as it is but me. How can I be happy when I know anything I enjoy tonight will only end eventually? How can I feel complete when I know my existence will not be ending any time soon? If I am completed tonight, is existing any longer even fruitful? Necessary? Hardly. What is eternity if you do not always strive for more?

I don't know if I would recognize either if I truly had them. I like to think I would. I have seen others find happiness. I wish it for myself more than I care to admit. I will always seek it. If I ever manage to find it, I hope it as powerful as I believe it to be, and it will be worth any consequence such feeling causes.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know

No comments:

Post a Comment