Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Gifts

This year, I was very blessed with gifts from my friends and associates of Area Five and far beyond. More gifts showed up on my door than this Viking was prepared for, but I appreciate the thought that went into each and every one of them.





@BarmaidSookie and I sent many gifts out ourselves. My lover worried endlessly about how much money was being spent as if it was a viable concern, but in the end, I believe we were both happy with what we chose, and I know we both enjoyed giving the gifts and seeing the reactions of our closest friends and family this Jul season.





When it came to giving a gift to Sookie, truly, I didn't know what to choose. My lover has given me everything, there is no way I can properly honor such. No matter what she may say, she is not an easy woman to shop for either, but nothing has ever been easy when it comes to her.

It was quite the strange predicament for a vampire such as I. Both my vampire children and my humans have always expected me to gift them in diamonds and extravagant gifts, attaching monetary value to my affections, or, in the case of some, to make up for my lack of affection. Sookie is never impressed by these kind of things, however, and would refuse them on sight, no matter how important it may be for me to be able to give her the things she has never had, yet always deserved.

Jul is not the season for such a battle, however. I managed to find a few pieces of understated, antique jewelry that reminded me of some of the pieces already tucked away in her jewelry boxes that I have stumbled upon when looking through her belongings as she slumbers. I collected odds and ends I thought she may enjoy or require for the new year, things that I trusted would show her that I know her and listen when she speaks. It is almost unthinkable that such is true for once. I cannot recall the last time I truly cared about the words my human may have been saying, especially if they occurred anywhere outside the bedroom. Sookie talks often of getting her Gran's garden in order once the weather improves. I hope now that when she does this work in the sunlight I will never know again, her mind will often wander back to me.



My lover, on the other hand, seemed to have no trouble choosing a gift for me, and I can safely say it is one of my favorites to receive of all time. The blanket (though quite unnecessary) she insisted is to keep me warm during my daytime death, but more than anything, I hope to see her wrapped up in it and nothing else on a very regular basis. The fact that she made it and the throw pillows she knows I collect herself actually causes a smile to curl upon my ancient lips. It is as if she put a piece of herself into the present and with it, none of the expensive linens I possess can even begin to compare.

The part of herself she put into the second half of her present is enough to cause my fangs to descend and for my body to seek out my telepath immediately upon sight. I had looked forward to putting the pictures in my office of Fangtasia so when I was forced to entertain the vermin, I would always be only a short distance away from the object of my desire, but Sookie insists no one can see them aside from me. Instead, they have been carefully placed upon my desk in my home office. Their presence makes it nearly impossible to accomplish any work, but I am hardly bothered by that fact.

I am one very fortunate vampire and I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment