Monday, March 29, 2010

love and logic; do they attract or repel one another as concepts in your sphere of living.

Repel. When it comes to being a vampire, and a vampire that survives at that, logic must rule and love must be something left behind in one's mortal life.

Though I haven't known or experienced love firsthand in over a millenium's time, I can recall with complete clarity how complicated it is. When one knows and feels love, they begin putting others before themselves. They begin to know and practice self sacrifice. They begin to make foolish errors that jeopardize their very being.

While this is well and good for humans who's existences are fleeting at best to begin with, vampires cannot open themselves up to such disability. I learned very early on from my Maker the importance of preserving myself, of survival, of reason, and love is beyond all reason. I truly doubt both can be practiced at the same time.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know

No comments:

Post a Comment