Monday, March 29, 2010

since you have forever, as compared to a humans life span, how has your concept and understanding of time changed, or do you now live without a concept of time because you have forever?

Time somewhat lacks meaning. I can't recall how many years I have walked this earth, nor can I often remember how many years have passed since last seeing some friends or acquaintances. Things that happened decades or even centuries ago can be clear and in the forefront of my mind, yet last week may have felt as if it took over a century to pass.

The thing is, despite all that, every moment is important to me. I am well aware if I am not cautious, any night could be my last and final. All it takes is a single moment for an eternity to end and I have seen many great vampires cut down in their prime because they take for granted how fleeting and even how temporary our eternity can truly be. I have seen the world grow, alter, evolve, and never look back in what has felt like a blink of an eye. I've seen many enter this world and leave it just as quickly. I do my best to appreciate every second I have without needing to constantly check and see how many seconds it has been.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know

No comments:

Post a Comment