Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?

First, I would wonder what I am doing going to a doctor's office. Human medicine men are moos/clucks/quacks, whatever the expression is. Assuming the news was delivered by an actual healing doctor like that annoying dwarf Ludwig, I imagine my condition would be bad enough that I would be incapable of doing anything beyond waiting out the time, and there would be no concealing it from others.

That being said, I assume I am meant to answer it as if that was not the case, so I will give it a try.

a) No. If I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt my second death was upon me, I would share the information with no one. It would only needlessly upset those around me long before my loss occurred. It would pain me to see their pain and that is hardly the way to spend my certain final days.

b) I would carry on as normal as I could and make certain my affairs were in order so that once I was dusted/met the sun/poisoned/drained/decapitated/dismembered/whatever, things were ready to be carried on in my eternal absence and functioning as they should.

c) No. I have already faced and met death. I was graced with the gift to conquer that death, but I have walked this world long enough to know all things come to an end. What is beyond? Is there anything beyond? Would I meet damnation, or is being eternally on this plane the true damnation? I do not know, but I have found death to be quite the adventure. Perhaps second death would be as well.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know

No comments:

Post a Comment