Friday, October 22, 2010

What is your most memorable twitter experience?

I had to think on this question for a while before I felt ready to answer it. I have been gracing Twitter with my antics and giving all a peek into my existence for just over a year now. Many, many things have happened in that time. Many that I am fond of, many that I am not so fond of, but many are memorable to me. In the end, I could not choose between two as "most memorable," so I'll share them both.

The first would be the turning of my newborn, @NolanFerrior. It was something that involved a lot of thought and discussion, between Nolan and myself, between @pamiravenscroft and myself, between myself and @RomanLucious, and I even sought the opinions and feelings of some of Nolan's closest friends... @LaceyStripped and @AbigaleDawson.

Weeks were spent debating if I could or should sever the bond between Pam and Nolan in such a way, and a great deal of uncertainty hung over the event since Nolan was a Werepanther during his human life. I had never turned one of the two-natured before and wasn't completely certain he could transition to a vampire, but it was a chance Nolan was willing to take.

The night Nolan chose to die, the two of us along with some of his closest friends and associates gathered for his final breaths and said goodbyes to the human who would never walk the earth again. It was a difficult event, but one that will probably haunt those present for as long as they exist.

The second would have to be Dracula Night. Every year, Fangtasia holds a celebration in honor of @PrinceVladTepes's birth and this year was no exception to that rule. It is a well known fact that I am quite a fan of the Dark Prince and this year, I was certain the Master would grace my establishment with his presence, putting me in an even better mood than I normally have on the occasion.

I spent the evening in a whirlwind. I kissed each and every one of my guests, from @BarmaidSookie to @NiftyJenny to @TeacherHalleigh to @AlyxConway to @RomanLucious. I don't particularly like to talk about that last one. There was expensive blood for my vampire guests, unlimited drinks for my human guests, entertainment for all, and, of course, the Prince.

But possibly what was most significant was a mutiny that occurred on that particular night. My queen at the time, Sophie-Anne Leclerq, had attempted to set me up for a crime I hadn't commit and had been caught doing so. I had shown my Queen only unwavering loyalty, but it hadn't been enough. She wanted to see my Deputy and myself ended... and quite frankly, I couldn't allow for such a thing to happen.

I enlisted the help of Texas (@Stan_Davis) and California (@QueenBlackwood). I had always been close to Gabrielle and respected Stan a great deal. After learning what Sophie-Anne had intended to do to me, they agreed to help me end the Queen of Louisiana. When she arrived to Fangtasia's Dracula Night party with her child, Andre, Stan and Gabrielle ended the pair of them while Roman and I stood guard at the door. Louisiana became a territory of theirs, and Roman and I were the first to pledge our loyalty, which hasn't wavered to this day.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment