Thursday, October 21, 2010

Do you believe in karma? Soul mates? Destiny?

Absolutely, to all of the above.

Karma is a constant issue with vampires. A simple action in the heat of the moment can easily come back and bite you on your ass... literally. We know how to hold a grudge when we feel wronged, and there is no timetable we must operate on in which to seal our revenge. We must always consider the reactions to our actions. It's how we survive.

"Soul" mates I am slightly less certain on, if only because I am quite confident I do not possess a soul, at least not as it tends to be thought of anyway. What are soul mates if not people we are certain we are meant to share our existence with though? I am positive more than one of my children are "soul mates" of mine. I am positive @RomanLucious was meant to be a part of my existence as a brother in blood. I am equally confident I was meant to be in the godforsaken state of Louisiana surrounded by rednecks in order to find and uncover my fascinating telepath, @BarmaidSookie.

And I believe in destiny completely. I don't know how you can walk the earth as long as I have without thinking there is purpose, or something powerful guiding your steps. If I exist just to exist, it is tedious and monotonous. Without destiny, so much of everything we do is meaningless and insignificant. I have to believe there is reason, and that the fates guide us, whether we realize it or not.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment