Thursday, October 21, 2010

You seem very fond of @SookieYTM care to share some things you like about her?

I find @BarmaidSookie to be one of the most remarkable beings I have ever encountered in all my existence. She is a rare human, one who has known too much of the world from her earliest days due to her rare abilities, but one who was not hardened by the thoughts of evil that often plagued her mind.

She knows compassion like no other. It is a foreign, undesirable thing to a vampire, but I marvel at how much she has. She has the ability to forgive those who do not deserve such a thing. She grieves for those who do not deserve it. She has an innate ability to care for any and all, regardless of what they may have done, even if they have wronged her.

I find that alone completely fascinating.

In addition, she feels so much more than I can ever imagine. I have bonded to my telepath enough to get a sense of her emotions and many I have not felt, not even fleetingly, in many lifetimes. And despite the fact that she has surrounded herself with the undead, I have never met a human more alive. She is so full of life, when I am with her, sometimes I nearly feel as if my heart could beat by mere proximity.

She is passionate and strong. She comes in a very pleasing package that would be far too easy to underestimate, but I have seen her go toe-to-toe with the best of us. If she can keep a thousand year old Viking Sheriff in line- and she can- there is nothing she is not capable of.

She accepts me as I am. Though she rejected me more times than I care to remember initially because of all that I am, she knows my flaws and still finds herself safe in my arms. She trusts me completely, I can feel that. She's been betrayed by vampires before, to depths that anger even me, but she does not hold me responsible. Instead, I am somehow a source of comfort for this amazing human. I can barely fathom that, but I would not want it any other way.

Possibly what makes me most fond of her is that she makes me want to be more than I am. She reminds me of feelings and things I have long repressed and forgotten. I am a selfish creature, I am proud of such a fact, but still, I want to care for her. I want to know her completely, and I actually desire to share myself with her. I want her to know me as few- if any- do. I want to trust her as completely as she trusts me. I want to have as much faith in her as she has in me. I want to have as much faith in myself as she has in me. I do not want to ever disappoint her.

Though we argue often, she challenges me. She challenges me in thought and conversation, and she challenges me to be a better person. She is effortlessly beautiful, yet somehow insecure. She is stunning and baffling, without realizing it. She is humble and kind, when she has no reason to be either.

She is my enigma, and I do not know what I would do without her anymore.

Ask a Viking vampire what inquiring minds wish to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment